Sunday, March 25, 2012

Why Hormones, Why?

They have proven to be my biggest complaint thus far.
They are mean, MEAN, meaaaaaan.
They make me no likey my me.
Or my he.
Or....anybody.


       This pregnancy has been relatively easy on every other front thus far. I've only experienced a handful of nausea sessions, there hasn't been any bleeding, I've not fainted, I sleep well and often, my dreams are absolutely spectacular, my abdominal pain has been only so slight, and I finally am back to pooping regularly! (sidenote: that bump in the last post was definitely poo.)


       Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. I just got a bit of heartburn and realized that my nipples do indeed feel like a maddened little sprite took a cheese grater to them in the night. I am also so very lazy....I only got out of bed to drink tea and eat cereal. I then moved to the couch, where I have been for the last couple of hours. Meanwhile, my mom is working her bum off in my garden pulling weeds and battling fire ants.


       "Hey Mom, I brought you some water."
       "Thanks."
       "Does it count that I intended to work out here with you today?"
       "Don't worry, just do what your body tells you to do. In a few months, it won't matter what your body wants....you'll wish you could store all the rest you're getting now."
       "Hm....I'll be on the couch."


       But I digress. Honestly, all the discomforts and fatigue absolutely pale in comparison to the demon hormones. I was on birth control for about 6 months once but had to quit it because it made me insane, like...well, a combination of these guys.


Whoa, Sandworms...




ARRRRAUGHHHH!!!!

       It was not something I was willing to live with. Come to find out, one of the reasons why birth control works is because it essentially tricks your body into believing it is pregnant. So fast forward six years, and here I am, BeetleBull again. Nothing escapes my wrath. No comment, disorder, misbehavior, stench, bad habit, bamboo stick, paint color speculation, gluten free cookie, speck of dirt on my toenail, tupperware, or misplaced item is safe from my irrational anger. Basically I can find something to hate about EVERYTHING, which is extremely annoying when I think of how counter-intuitive and pathetic it really is. I usually end up apologizing to anything in my distance with a mind and huddling in a little ball of shame. That is, until the next stitch of rage tears. 

       I've got to learn to calm down and not let things get to me. I want to be cool and have joy. To be productive and kind instead of an isolated ole meany head. It's truly not my real personality. I'm surprised Mars affords me as much patience as he does, granted most of it entails him avoiding me in the garage while I'm on the rampage....I guess it's better than running away though. 

       Seriously, I hear the hormonal shifts tone down after the first trimester, which will be over in 5 days (thank god!) But what if they don't? If there are any other mamas or preggos reading this, did you experience hormonal BeetleBullness? What happened? Did it calm down? What did you do? 

1 comment:

  1. Agatha Trunchbull: You couldn't spell "difficulty" if your life depended on it.
    Amanda Thripp: She taught us with a poem.
    Agatha Trunchbull: [with a mock high-pitched tone] A poem? How sweet. What poem would that be?
    Amanda Thripp: Mrs. D, Mrs. I... [gestures to class to join in] Mrs. F-F-I. Mrs. C, Mrs. U., Mrs. L-T-Y.
    Agatha Trunchbull: [viciously whips riding crop on desk] Why are all these women married?!

    ReplyDelete